By far the most popular and most common types of internships are corporate internships. This is because no matter where you live, from the smallest township to the largest city, corporations are a part of your everyday life.
TSM's corporate internships are desirable for a number of reasons. Not only do they offer diverse experiences and placements at all levels, but in most positions we pay our interns. But the kind of everyday tasks aside, internships with private businesses can fit just about anyone's needs. In addition to being great for students looking to gain work experience, corporate internships are also appropriate for mid-career changers who might be looking to become up-to-date on some of the latest technology and trends in the office. This makes the pool of interns working in the corporate sector some of the most diverse in terms of age, background and field of study. There are five important things to know about corporate internships:
- Corporate Internships are generally paid - however, what kind of pay can vary from job to job, corporation to corporation.
- Virtually every corporation - Fortune 500, Fortune 1000, and more - has an internship program (or accepts intern applications). This means that your local Walgreens as well as Microsoft might have an opportunity for you.
- Corporate internships can be as much about relationships as about the work itself. Make sure that you make a good impression on everyone you work with, not just your boss or internship supervisor.
- Corporate internships aren't just for business majors. Many corporate internships can help prepare interns for human service and education fields, among others.
- The key to being a good intern, is simply putting your work first. The last point may seem obvious, but there are a few things to consider as a new intern. In addition to being asked to perform tasks that you've probably never done before, corporations have a specific culture that also may take some getting used to.
Contact TSM, Inc. today for an internship application: