TSM's 7-Phase Training Methodology
1) Needs Assessment: Conduct needs assessment to determine the needs of the end users. The assessment results are used to provide the information essential to tailor or customize training towards the specific needs of the students. The purpose of the Needs Assessment is further explained below:
- Perform a "Gap" Analysis to determine what the end users current knowledge level is versus what it should be.
- Identify priorities and assign levels of importance to what needs to be taught.
- Identify causes of performance problems and/or opportunities for change.
- Identify possible solutions for growth opportunities and change.
2) Curriculum Development: Design the course curriculum based on the assessment results. Data from the assessment is used to help ensure that the curriculum and courseware is designed to meet the needs of all class participants.
3) Course Scheduling: Establish flexible daily, weekly, evening, and weekend classes utilizing the most appropriate and available training format.
4) Training Implementation: It is our goal for training sessions to be available to students as quickly as the need is determined. To aid in this availability of training and courseware, TSM will re-use as much core content as available from a previous course.
5) Training Evaluation: Evaluate students to determine their level of understanding as training is being conducted and at the completion of training. These evaluations are available in any of the following formats.
- Observation: Evaluate participant's performance by observing the class in session, as appropriate.
- Quizzes and Tests: Identify whether participants have developed the required knowledge.
- Daily Evaluations: Through the use of user-friendly evaluation, the instructor can gather feedback that can be used immediately to reinforce, develop, clarify or correct performance.
- End-of-Course Evaluation: Collect data that will be useful to those responsible for course revisions. The evaluations also are indicators of student achievement levels.
- Follow-Up Evaluation: The basic purpose of this evaluation is to collect information that will be useful in conducting future courses. It identifies if and how well trainees have applied the training skills to their jobs.
6) Hotline Support: Provide training support/assistance to attendees after training is completed. This support is for sustainment and remedial review purposes and may be telephonic or online.
7) On-Demand Training: Provide on-demand training to assist students in areas where they require additional skills and/or knowledge. Instruction-led and online options are available as appropriate.